Thursday, July 3, 2014

Garbage gifts in the mail

A few weeks before I started this blog, I found a huge curb side dump from someone that was moving. Inside one of the bags was a Bass Pro Shop gift card. I called the 800 number on the back and found out it still had $15 on it. I had them re-issue a new card to me under my name and address which arrived in the mail about a week and a half later.

I was able to take advantage of a $5 flat rate shipping special and ended up ordering a new fishing net for myself and the kids. Today I got the notice that it had arrived at the post office...check out the size of the box!


and here is our new net!




Yesterday night I went to a town about 10 minutes away that was having it's large item pick up day, but there wasn't much to be found. It was mainly couches and crappy, falling apart modern furniture...the crappy press board stuff you can find at Wal-mart. The only thing I came home with was a little frog potty for my 2 year old. I haven't gotten too serious with potty training him yet, I figure it will click in it's own time, but maybe this will help get the ball rolling a bit more.



My husband also came home with a nice organization drawer that he found about to go in the trash at work.




I guess the garbage picking bug is contagious!

No comments :

Post a Comment